The Drop-In Centre
PLEASE NOTE THE SQUAMISH DROP-IN TEMPORARY RELOCATION BELOW.
The Squamish and Whistler Drop-In Centres are a single access point for crisis support, resources, and referrals for women and their children. With the rising cost of living and cuts to social programming, we are seeing the highest numbers of women in the community accessing our services since we opened over 39 years ago.
THE DROP-IN CENTRE – SQUAMISH
We are undergoing a renovation at the Squamish Drop In Centre, located at 38021 Third Avenue. In preparation for the renovation, the Drop-In Centre will relocate to #2 – 37749 Second Avenue on January 6th. The Drop-In Centre will be fully operational from this new location as of January 11th for the duration of the renovation work which is anticipated to finish in August 2021.
The renovation will greatly expand our ability to serve the increasing needs of survivors of gender–based violence and their children in the Sea to Sky Corridor and you can help. Choose the Squamish Drop-In Renovation Fund when donating to help support our work today and well into the future. Additionally, the Whistler Blackcomb Foundation is matching dollar for dollar up to $70,000 so by donating now, you’re doubling your gift!
Monday to Thursday 10:00 am to 4:00 pm
Text option available 604.815.8596
THE DROP-IN CENTRE – WHISTLER
Tuesday to Thursday 10:00 am to 4:00 pm
Services we provide include:
◦ Support, safety planning, and referrals
◦ Children and youth counselling, Girls Groups and Girls Wellness Camps
◦ Ongoing support for women and children who have accessed Pearl’s Place Transition House, Safe Home or Children, Youth & Family programs
◦ Practical assistance with forms and online applications
◦ Internet, fax, and photocopier access
◦ Free family law legal clinics offering a half hour consultation with a lawyer at the Drop-In at Squamish. Call 604.892.5748 to book an appointment.
◦ Resource material including books, pamphlets, brochures and an aspiring library
◦ A safe and neutral space for women to meet with RCMP, Victim’s Services or Mental Health with support from Drop-In staff through that process
◦ Assistance with resumes, cover letters and job search
◦ Toiletries and clothing vouchers to women and men (men can access clothing vouchers through Squamish Helping Hands Society )
More than 3,800 women access the Drop-In Centre in Squamish and Whistler each year. You can give the gift of hope. A donation of just $25 can help vulnerable women when they have nowhere to turn.