Finding a Job
Do you need a job? Are you worried that you might lose your job? Has it been awhile since you have worked? Would you like to explore your career options? These questions, and many more can be answered by our knowledgeable and caring team in Squamish.
Here’s how you can find us:
Squamish #302-37989 Cleveland Avenue, Squamish, BC V8B 0A8 | 604-639-1743
Outreach is also available in Whistler, Pemberton and Mt. Currie. Call or email us to learn more about outreach services.
We’re here to help you when you’re ready to start exploring your work options. Here are some of the ways we can help, free of charge:
◦ Access to a career counsellor who will work with you one-to-one to provide guidance as you prepare to look for work, during your job search, and all the way through to getting the job you want
◦ Workshops, both individual or with groups of other job seekers that will help you
◦ Explore what skills you have and what you’re good at
◦ Discover all the work options available to you
◦ Create your resume, practice interviewing, and learn how to network with potential employers
◦ Programs and supports that help you meet your financial needs while you start training or during your job search, including the Single Parent Employment Initiative
◦ Financial support for things like work clothes, equipment and supplies, childcare and all the things you need to find and start your job
◦If you require additional assistance in your job search, you can be referred to our Job Developer, who creates connections with local employers and can advocate on your behalf.
◦ For Job Seekers that have experienced violence and/or abuse, we can provide up to ten sessions with a registered Counsellor to provide support in moving forward towards employment.
The Women’s Centre employment team works alongside the staff at the Squamish centre.