Finding a Job
Do you need a job? Are you worried that you might lose your job? Has it been awhile since you have worked? Would you like to explore your career options? These questions, and many more can be answered by our knowledgeable and caring teams in Squamish and Whistler
Here’s how you can find us:
Squamish #302-37989 Cleveland Avenue, Squamish, BC V8B 0A8 | 604-815-4550
Whistler #204-1200 Alpha Lake Road, Whistler, BC V0N 1B1 | toll free 1-877-932-1611 or 604-932-16
We’re here to help you when you’re ready to start exploring your work options. Here are some of the ways we can help, free of charge:
◦ Access to a career counsellor who will work with you one-to-one to provide guidance as you prepare to look for work, during your job search, and all the way through to getting the job you want
◦ Workshops, both individual or with groups of other job seekers that will help you
◦ explore what skills you have and what you’re good at
◦ discover all the work options available to you
◦ create your resume, practice interviewing, and learn how to network with potential employers
◦ Programs and supports that help you meet your financial needs while you start training or during your job search, including the Single Parent Employment Initiative
◦ Financial support for things like interview clothes, work clothes, equipment and supplies, childcare and all the things you need to find and start your job
◦ For Job Seekers that have experienced violence and/or abuse, we can provide up to ten sessions with a registered Counsellor to provide support in moving forward towards employment.
The Women’s Centre employment team works alongside the staff at the Squamish and Whistler employment centres.