The Howe Sound Women’s Centre Society is able to support women and children in the Sea to Sky corridor thanks to the generosity of our donors. Support from individuals, foundations, and corporations ensures that we are able to: assist women during times of crisis; provide counselling to a child who has witnessed abuse; house a mother and her children who are fleeing abuse or at risk of experiencing violence and otherwise unsafe living conditions; assist a single mother in finding employment; provide services and support to immigrant and refugee women who have experienced, or are at risk of, abuse or violence; support a woman who has experienced sexual violence; and much, much more.
Contributions from the community make a meaningful difference on the lives of women and children accessing Howe Sound Women’s Centre Society services. Please consider making a donation today.
• Make a one-time gift
• Set up a monthly gift
• Set up an annual gift
• Donate in honour of someone
• Donate in memory of a loved one
• Leave a gift in your will (can be a specific amount or a percentage of the estate)
• Name Howe Sound Women’s Centre Society as the beneficiary of RRSP, RRIF, or Pension
• Name Howe Sound Women’s Centre Society as the beneficiary of an existing insurance policy
• Consider using assets for your charitable gift. These include (but are not limited to) cash, stocks, bonds, mutual funds, term deposits, real estate, jewellery, or insurance
• Contribute clothing, household items, or volunteer time to Pearls Value & Vintage
• Grocery gift cards for Squamish, Whistler and Pemberton Grocers
• Home starter kits – new towels, pots & pans, sheet sets, dish cloths, food start-up kits (spices, basic condiments, non-perishables) or gift certificates
• Children’s start-up kits (ages 1-3, 4-6, 7-10) clothes, toys, diapers
• Toiletries – toothpaste, toothbrushes, razors, feminine hygiene products
• New pajamas, socks and underwear
• Bus tickets – local transit in Squamish and Whistler, Greyhound to Vancouver
• Moving support and transportation
• Phone cards
• Appointment books/journals
Donate By Mail
Your name and address
Howe Sound Women’s Centre Society
PO Box 2052 38021 Third Avenue
Squamish, BC V0B 0B4
PEARL’S VALUE & VINTAGE
Did you know 100% of Pearl’s Value & Vintage proceeds go to supporting Howe Sound Women’s Centre Society’s programs and services? These proceeds help fund programs and services such as Pearl’s Place Transition House and Howe Sound Women’s Centre, which provide food, shelter, emotional support, referrals and advocacy for women and their children who are leaving abusive relationships.
Operating Pearl’s Value & Vintage also allows us to give clothes and other necessities to people in need, both directly and through other non-profit organizations in the Sea to Sky Corridor.
Gently used household goods and clothing can be donated to Pearl’s Value & Vintage Store located at 38128 Cleveland Avenue in Squamish during operating hours: Monday to Friday 10:00am–5:00pm and Saturdays 10:00am–4:00pm pm. Please note, we cannot accept donations of baby furniture.
Every gift helps women and their children transition into safe housing and healthier environments. Every gift, born from the same place in the heart has our gratitude.