ASSISTANT STORE MANAGER
PEARL’S VALUE & VINTAGE
Howe Sound Women’s Centre is hiring for the position of Assistant Manager for our Social Enterprise, Pearl’s Value & Vintage. This position is 32 hours/week Wednesday through Saturday.
Some evening work may also be required. The successful candidate will have previous retail management, knowledge of the workings of a second hand/ thrift store, ideal, and people/staff management experience, and will work directly with and support the Store Manager to oversee day to day operations of the store. The ideal candidate will be an energetic, motivated, organized self-starter, and will assume the role of a leader at all times.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Customer service, cash handling, opening and closing the store.
- Assisting the Manager with staff and volunteer recruitment, management, and organization.
- Assist the Manager with the organization of special promotions and marketing.
- Assist the Manager with administration such as record keeping.
- Perform all duties of store operations and back room supervision, including sorting, receiving, displays and merchandising
- General store upkeep such as cleaning and maintenance.
- Donations: ensuring management directives are carried out regarding donation policies and procedures.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to think quickly and problem solve.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced and physically demanding environment.
- Able to create and foster a positive and cheerful work atmosphere.
- Must have a passion for customer service and genuinely enjoy working with people.
- Possession of leadership, financial management, administration, and people skills is a must.
Training, Education and Experience
- Minimum two years post-secondary education in Management, Business Administration, Retail Services or a related discipline, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Some training or education in human resources and or non-profit sector management an asset.
This position requires a criminal record check by the police and an authorization for a criminal record check under the Criminal Records Review Act of BC.
Salary Rate: TBD based on Experience
Benefits: Extended Health Benefits upon passing the Probationary period
Closing Date: 29-Jan-2020, Wednesday
Please direct your inquiries, cover letter and resume to:
Priscilla Belanger, HR Coordinator
At Howe Sound Women’s Centre Society and Pearl’s Value & Vintage (PV&V), we encourage applications from all qualified individuals, and value a diverse workforce that reflects the communities we serve.