The Women’s Centre
The Squamish and Whistler Women’s Centres are a single access point for crisis support, resources, referrals and advocacy for women and their children. With the rising cost of living and cuts to social programming, we are seeing the highest numbers of women in the community accessing our services since we opened over 35 years ago.
THE WOMEN’S CENTRE – SQUAMISH
38021 Third Avenue, Squamish, BC
Hours of Operation: Monday-Thursday 10:00am-4:00pm
THE WOMEN’S CENTRE – WHISTLER
1519 Spring Creek Drive, Whistler, BC
Hours of Operation: Monday-Wednesday 12:00–5:00pm, Thursday 9:00am-1:00pm
Services we provide include:
◦ Support, advocacy, referrals
◦ Safety planning
◦ Children and youth counselling, Girls Groups and Girls Wellness Camps
◦ Ongoing support for women and children who have accessed Pearl’s Place Transition House, Safe Home or Children, Youth & Family programs
◦ Practical assistance with forms and online applications
◦ Internet, fax, and photocopier access
◦ Free civil and family law legal clinics offering a half hour consultation with a lawyer at the Women’s Centre in Squamish. Call 604.892.5748 to book an appointment.
◦ Resource material including books, pamphlets, brochures and an aspiring library
◦ A safe and neutral space for women to meet with RCMP, Victim’s Services or Mental Health with support from Women’s Centre staff through that process
◦ Assistance with resumes, cover letters and job search
◦ Toiletries and clothing vouchers to women and men (men can access clothing vouchers through Squamish Helping Hands Society )
◦ Drop-in yoga
More than 3,800 women access the Women’s Centre in Squamish and Whistler each year. You can give the gift of hope. A donation of just $25 can help vulnerable women when they have nowhere to turn.