For many the holiday season is a time of joy and happiness, yet for those families going through a difficult separation or divorce, facing abuse, or at risk of being homeless, the holidays can be an extremely stressful and difficult time.
Howe Sound Women’s Centre Society would like to ease the strain for women in the Sea to Sky Corridor who are accessing our services by providing holiday hampers to families in need, and we need your help!
There are many ways to help out during the holiday season. For those who would like to support an entire family, Howe Sound Women’s Centre Society can provide you with a family profile (donors will be provided with family configuration, genders, ages, and any special requests) so that you can customize a hamper specifically for a family. The Women’s Centre will coordinate the delivery of the hampers so that the families are able to remain anonymous.
Additionally, if you would like to contribute and are unable to take on an entire family, there are many items that are always appreciated that will be used in creating festive hampers that will ensure families are able to celebrate the season.
- Grocery Gift Cards so that families can purchase the ingredients for a holiday meal
- Toys and Crafts for children of all ages
- Stocking Stuffers
- Cozy mitts, socks and toques
- Special Christmas treats – chocolate, nuts, gingerbread houses etc.
- Books and Games
- Gift Cards to a store so the families can do their own shopping
- Gas Cards for travel to visit family
- Gift Cards for an experience – Gondola, Rope Runner, Science World, Aquarium, tubing, etc
For more information, please contact Howe Sound Women’s Centre at 604-892-5748 or you can stop by Monday – Thursday, 10:00am – 4:00pm in Squamish.
Blessings for the holidays!
Written by Ashley Oakes