There are many ways you can make an impact and support women and children in need, including cash and in-kind donations, sponsorship, volunteering, becoming a member, or joining the Howe Sound Women’s Centre Society team.
Make a Donation
◦ Make a one-time or monthly donation
◦ Donate in honour of someone
◦ Donate in memory of a loved one with memorial gifts
◦ “Remember us in your will.” Your gift may be a specific dollar amount or a percentage of assets in your will.
◦ Consider using assets for your charitable gift. These include (but are not limited to) cash, stocks, bonds, mutual funds, term deposits, real estate, jewelry or insurance. Such gifts may provide you with tax savings.
◦ Name the Howe Sound Women’s Centre as beneficiary of your RRSP, RRIF or pension, or name the Howe Sound Women’s Centre as beneficiary of an existing life insurance policy.
◦ Contribute clothing, household items, money, or volunteer time to Pearl’s Value & Vintage Store.
You can make your donation online through Canada Helps. You will receive an email confirmation and electronic receipt.
Donate by Mail
Howe Sound Women’s Centre Society
P.O. Box 2052
38021 Third Ave, Squamish, BC V0B 0B4
Please ensure you name, address and telephone number on included on the cheque so that we can mail you a tax receipt.
Donate by Phone
Did you know 100% of Pearl’s Value & Vintage proceeds go to Howe Sound Women’s Centre Society’s programs and services? Please feel free to drop gently used household goods and clothing to Pearl’s Value & Vintage located at 38128 Cleveland Avenue in Squamish during operating hours of Monday to Friday 10:00am–5:00pm and Saturdays 10:00am–4:00pm.
Proceeds help fund programs and services such as Howe Sound Women’s Centre and Pearl’s Place Transition House, which provide crisis support, referrals, advocacy, and shelter for women and their children who are leaving abusive relationships.
In addition to monetary donations, women and children accessing our programs are always in need of:
◦ Grocery gift cards for Squamish, Whistler or Pemberton grocers
◦ Home Starter Kits: new towels, pots & pans, sheet sets, dish cloths, food start-up kits (spices, basic condiments, non-perishables) or gift certificates
◦ Children’s Start Up Kits (ages 1-3, 4-6, 7-10, etc.): clothes, toys, diapers
◦ Toiletries: toothbrushes, toothpaste, razors, feminine products
◦ New pyjamas, socks, slippers, underwear
◦ Bus tickets – local transit Squamish, Whistler
◦ Bus tickets – Greyhound to Vancouver
◦ Moving support and transportation
◦ Phone cards
◦ Appointment books / journals