Gender Diversity Inclusion
Gender is a complex topic. All people who identify as a marginalized gender, including trans and Two-Spirit individuals, experience even greater adversity with less support systems.
We at the Howe Sound Women’s Centre welcome and celebrate gender diversity! All trans, non-binary and Two-Spirit individuals are welcome to receive any needed support regarding barriers, harm, discrimination and more.
- Welcoming and supportive staff
- Social and emotional support
- Safety planning
- Referrals and systems support (filling out forms, support with calls etc.)
- Computer access and free Wi-Fi
- Faxing, photocopying, printing
- Information, referrals to community services and resources
- Toiletries and necessities
- Voucher program for Pearl’s store
- Tea, coffee and a safe space
Speak with a specialized Outreach Worker Monday to Thursday 9am-1pm. Call or text: 604-389-9165