Finding a Job
Do you need a job? Are you worried that you might lose your job? Has it been awhile since you have worked? Would you like to explore your career options? These questions, and many more can be answered by our knowledgeable and caring teams in Squamish and Whistler
Here’s how you can find us, www.squamishesc.com, or:
Squamish #302-37989 Cleveland Avenue, Squamish, BC V8B 0A8 | 604-815-4550
Whistler #204-1200 Alpha Lake Road, Whistler, BC V0N 1B1 | toll free 1-877-932-1611 or 604-932-16
We’re here to help you when you’re ready to start exploring your work options. Here are some of the ways we can help, free of charge:
◦ Access to a career counsellor who will work with you one-to-one to provide guidance as you prepare to look for work, during your job search, and all the way through to getting the job you want
◦ Workshops, both individual or with groups of other job seekers that will help you
◦ explore what skills you have and what you’re good at
◦ discover all the work options available to you
◦ create your resume, practice interviewing, and learn how to network with potential employers
◦ Programs and supports that help you meet your financial needs while you start training or during your job search, including the Single Parent Employment Initiative
◦ Financial support for things like interview clothes, work clothes, equipment and supplies, childcare and all the things you need to find and start your job
◦ For Job Seekers that have experienced violence and/or abuse, we can provide up to ten sessions with a registered Counsellor to provide support in moving forward towards employmen
The Women’s Centre employment team works alongside the staff at the Squamish and Whistler employment centres. Below, our team shares a little bit about themselves in their own words:
Sarah Hart, Employment Services Facilitator & Curriculum Manager, Squamish
604-815-4550 ex. 423
I hold a Bachelor of Business Administration with a specialization in Strategic HR Management. My career has primarily been centred around private sector work. In 2015 I embarked upon a new direction and am currently enrolled in the Bachelor of Social Work program at the University of Victoria. My partnership with the HSWC and WorkBC has been incredibly satisfying and a great way for me to apply my education. Outside of my vocational career, I am a professional rock climber, and have travelled extensively throughout the world in pursuit of big mountains and big adventures.
Priscilla Belanger, Employment Resource Specialist, Whistler
604-932-1600 | 1-877-932-1611
Prior to my move to Canada, I was an HR Practitioner both in Asia and the Middle East Region, with extensive exposure at various levels and functions in the areas of Employee Services, HR Information Systems, Payroll & Benefits, Recruitment, and Training & Organizational Development. I am born curious, love travelling and exploring, a hugger, not only of trees, but also of people and life. I am passionate in everything I do, and that’s why I enjoy and love working for and with WorkBC/HSWC.
Tanya Linsell, Job Placement Specialist and Employment Services Facilitator, Whistler
604-932-1600 | 1-877-932-1611
My career in HR started out in recruitment, first for Whistler Blackcomb, then as a Corporate Recruiter in Vancouver. But I found my true passion when I began working as a Career Advisor at the Art Institute of Vancouver. Helping people realize their career goals and watching them succeed is what makes my job so rewarding. Now as a member of the WorkBC team, I’m hoping that I can use this passion to make a difference in the community I love. My life has always revolved around the Coast Mountains. Snowboarding in the winter, hiking in the summer. My choice to attend UBC for a degree in Psychology was specifically so that I could still ride Whistler Blackcomb on weekends. That was a long time ago, but my life decisions still factor in proximity to the mountains. I am thrilled to be working back in Whistler, and yes… I’m still riding on weekends and hiking in the summer, just now with my 6 year old daughter racing ahead of me.