Howe Sound Women’s Centre Society is hiring for the position of Executive Director.
• A passionate leader who wants to make a difference in the lives of women and children?
• A self-motivated and results oriented leader with an entrepreneurial spirit?
• Provide strategic direction and financial stewardship to a growing NPO?
• Lead by example & motivate others?
• Manage change and lead others through organizational change?
The Howe Sound Women’s Centre Society is an organization run by an amazing group of women (both staff and volunteers). We promote women’s equality, and the empowerment of women and their children by providing accessible, affordable programs and services throughout the Sea-to-Sky Corridor.
We are currently seeking a dynamic, passionate leader with an in-depth understanding of women’s issues and the non-profit sector. The Executive Director is entrusted with the fulfillment of the mission, vision and strategic priorities of the organization. Based in Squamish, BC, this is a full time opportunity, with a competitive salary, flexible work environment, and benefits package.
View full job description
Send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
Children, Youth and Family Counsellor
Temporary (10/11 month maternity leave) part-time, 16 hours per week position
The Howe Sound Women’s Centre is looking for a Child, Youth and Family Counsellor/Facilitator in Squamish.
Main Function: To provide individual and group counselling to children, youth and their parents/caregivers who have witnessed and/or experienced abuse or high conflict in their lives through violence in the home or separation and divorce. To deliver healthy relationship presentations to youth in the schools in the Sea to Sky Corridor.
To support and uphold the mission & values of the Howe Sound Women’s Centre Society.
Location: Howe Sound Women’s Centre, Squamish with some travel to Whistler and Pemberton.
- Degree or certification in counselling, social/human services or a related discipline or a combination of education and experience
- Experience working with children, youth and families in a supportive counselling position
- Experience in group facilitation
- Current Emergency First Aid Certificate or equivalent an asset
- Ability to be flexible
Skills and Attributes:
- Knowledge and understanding of the socio/economic and political conditions from which violence against women stems
- Strong communication skills (both oral and written)
- Strong counselling and facilitation skills
- Sound understanding of the impact on children who have witnessed abuse
- Knowledge and experience of assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation strategies
- Knowledge, understanding and awareness of various parenting issues
- Ability to respond to conflict and manage crisis or emergency situations
- Strong leadership, networking, organizational, and problem solving skills
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
This position requires a criminal record check for vulnerable persons under the Criminal Records Review Act of BC.
Reports to: Community Program Manager
Closing Date: Thursday, November 8, 2018.
Start Date: ASAP
Please direct your cover letter, resume and all inquiries to:
Shana Murray, Community Programs Manager, HSWC
38021 Third Ave. PO Box 2052, Squamish, BC, V8B 0B4
Fax 604-892-5749 or email email@example.com